Ylvis travelled to the city of Seoul in South Korea for about a week in late November and early December of 2016.
While Ylvis were in Seoul, they visited their colleague Magnus Devold in a hotel room where he was livestreaming a muk-bang ("eating broadcast"), eating a huge meal of Korean food and snacks. Ylvis also recorded some interviews with Korean videographers Kream Kulture, which have been posted on the Kream Kulture Youtube channel.
Muk-bang with Magnus
The complete muk-bang livestream can be viewed without subtitles here.
Kream Kulture: Ylvis in Gangnam
Kream Kulture: Ylvis Try Tae Kwon Do for the First Time
Kream Kulture: Norwegians Taste Test Korean Food for the First Time
Ylvis Instagram Posts from Korea
- Bård, Nov. 28: Seoul! Bring it!!
- Vegard, Nov. 28: Hiding under a big, blue dot in Korea. #killingit
- Bård, Nov. 29: Everything looks cooler in Korean. 보르도
- Vegard, Nov. 29: As you see, we are clever business minds. Release a song in 2013, and then - BANG - the book comes out in Korea before even 3 1/2 years have passed. #1stepAHD
- Vegard, Nov. 30: På jobb med @magnusdevold#mukbang
- Bård, Dec. 1: "After he bought the bass-flute he never came back. He found peace at last."
- Vegard, Dec. 1: Rarely do I see @bylvisaker more happy than when he desperately needed a USB-cable and found this shop #seoulusbservice
- Bård, Dec. 4: Comedian, TV-Camera, female blackbelt. Experience tells me someone is getting their ass woooped. #seoul
- Vegard, Dec. 4: Wooops, we've been lured into a tae kwon do match, and I think this chick is gonna kick my butt very soon #koreasurprise
- Vegard, Dec. 4: Dinnertime #livesquid
- Bård, Dec. 11: Thank god they translated the menus. #seoul #eyonyangstylebulgogi